Current time: 03-08-2021, 09:21 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NodeJs - CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - process out of memory - mobile agent
09-09-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: NodeJs - CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - process out of memory - mobile agent
Strange that I'm not seeing the error on the public instance that also runs on Windows though memory use has been the bane of the node agent for a while. What version of node are you running? IIRC the max-old-space-size flag was a fairly recent addition.

There are a couple of things that might be able to help the issue:

1 - I recently changed the timeline code to write to disk instead of sending it all over IPC. We should be able to have the agent write the events to disk as they come in instead of all at once which might help reduce the overhead though it still loads the whole file to POST the result so there are a lot of places that would need to be fixed. If we wrote it out gzipped then it might be enough to keep the rest of the pipeline happy.

2 - I'm working on using netlog events for generating the waterfalls. If that works out then we'll be able to turn off most of the tracing events and just get the network events (when timeline and trace are not enabled for a test). That will result in MUCH smaller traces. Probably a few weeks before the switch is done completely though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NodeJs - CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - process out of memory - mobile agent - pmeenan - 09-09-2015 04:29 AM