Current time: 08-05-2020, 04:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to solve "0 ms (Request Canceled)" problem?
05-04-2010, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010 05:35 PM by laboot.)
RE: How to solve "0 ms (Request Canceled)" problem?
Thanks for all the info...

Meanwhile, I worked on response headers. Most significant change I have made is that I added Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 right in response header for all base files. That allowed me to remove <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> from each and every base file (+/- 1,000 pages) head section. Technically, I have saved just a few bytes, but... same total size 104KB. Results (via Dulles, VA USA): Not sure why (can speculate, that providing browser with charset early allows to render page faster Idea true/false?), but results are best ever.

I agree, IE8 somehow messes up with many connections. Hope, in IE9 they will figure out how much new connections they have to establish (connection:total_request wise).

(05-03-2010 10:38 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  Looks like the 0ms request has followed your site to the VM's as well Dodgy
gigi Wink

Currently working in deep pages. Thinking about on how to reduce root even further -- down to 99KB Cool

P.S. English is my 3rd language... after re-reading some of my posts... I messed... plurals, tense... blah Blush
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to solve "0 ms (Request Canceled)" problem? - laboot - 05-04-2010 05:31 PM