Current time: 09-19-2020, 04:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there ANYTHING alse I can optimize?
09-07-2011, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 10:19 AM by Marvin.)
RE: Is there ANYTHING alse I can optimize?
I'd love to gain another 50 to 100ms, but it will not be easy, if at all possible, with my current VPS host:

Quote:It is not possible to update the kernel version of a VPS product. The kernel is custom compiled to work with virtuozzo. If you desire I can forward you over to our sales department with whom you could discuss the construction of a "bare-metal" server that runs on a 2.6.39 kernel. Please let me know if you would like me to pass this ticket onto sales.

All of their VPS products run 2.6.18 kernel, and the only way to get a different kernel with this host would be to go dedicated, and that's something I'm not ready to pay for, since this is really just a hobby site.

The host is SERVINT, a reputable host with reliable service. I switched to them a few months ago, and I have not experienced a single minute of down time ever since. I wouldn't mind switching to another hosting provider, but I suspect it wouldn't be easy to find the same reliability and performance.

Marvin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there ANYTHING alse I can optimize? - Marvin - 09-07-2011 10:16 AM