Current time: 01-22-2021, 07:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Instance configuration
02-05-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Private Instance configuration
(01-29-2013 02:40 AM)starkers Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 02:34 AM)pmeenan Wrote:  Black screenshots will occur if you RDP'd to the machine and then disconnected. That locks the desktop and screws up the screen shots. Just reboot the instance and they should start working again.

Though, that doesn't explain how you got any screen shots at all unless you are still RDP connected and minimizing/restoring the RDP window.

Yes I was thinking the same thing, its hopefully booting up again now and we'll see how it goes

Well I'm glad to report that I have a working instance now, however after configuring and installing : IE9/Chrome/Firefox/Safari - ami-8b2c2fff : 314854558937/ie9-20121031 (Eu-West Ireland) I'm having very very bad results.

For example my second views on sites take longer than first views, sometimes over 30seconds (for a page that always loads under 5sec on a real PC)

I've automated tests and started graphing with cacti but the results do not reflect reality.. so I did some checking and found that even though my config had asked for Chrome :

---
[locations]
1=all
default=Ireland

[all]
1=Ireland01
label="ami instance in ireland - Testing"

[Ireland01]
browser=Chrome
label="testing"
latency=0
key=XXYYZZ
---

I'm ran a test against http://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and the screenshot says I'm running IE 9

Could this explain why my results are so aweful? all pages I've compared against firebug for example are behaving completely differently (and slowly)

The fact that second views are slower (like clockwork) is really troubling :-( any advice?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Private Instance configuration - starkers - 01-28-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Private Instance configuration - starkers - 02-05-2013 09:03 PM