Current time: 10-30-2020, 12:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Results not looking good. Need some help please.
12-05-2013, 05:28 AM
RE: Test Results not looking good. Need some help please.
(12-05-2013 04:22 AM)robzilla Wrote:  Sorry, but that's grossly inaccurate. By that logic, I could easily ruin the rankings of any competitor. While users bouncing back to the results pages may be one of hundreds of (small) relevance factors, it would be far more complex than you make it out to be.
Yes it is more complex than just a single user bouncing of the page.

My comments is not based on reading about Ranking somewhere.

By following a search term bounce rate and the ranking for that search term in Google Webmaster Tools it is very clear there is a close correlation between the two. Just the fact that Webmaster Tools shows this metric has much relevance.

Webmaster Tools shows dynamically how the ranking of a search term changes from day to day along with the bounce rate. It does not take a rocket scientist to see there is a direct correlation.

I am sure Google is smart enough to detect when you try to ruin the ranking of a competitor.

Just by common sense logic if search users are bouncing from a site on a particular search term one may come to the conclusion there is little relevance that site and the search term.

Yes the bounce rate weight in ranking would be complex. Google has a huge database of metrics stored for every search user and a large staff working every day to create an algorithm that can assess the weight to be given to each bounce.

Bottom line, a slow loading page will beyond any shadow of a doubt contribute to lower Google Rankings, higher page abandonment, lower site visitor satisfaction, and lower conversion rates.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Test Results not looking good. Need some help please. - iSpeedLink.com - 12-05-2013 05:28 AM