Current time: 03-05-2021, 06:01 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help me to Analyse the Performance and get to the Root cause
05-08-2014, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 02:32 AM by Anton Chigurh.)
RE: Help me to Analyse the Performance and get to the Root cause
(05-07-2014 04:28 PM)GreenGecko Wrote:  So... look at compression, clean code, look at using a CDN and test from a local node.
CDNs cannot improve performance of a site that isn't optimized, and if you do optimize it, you don't need a CDN.

Testing from a local node isn't revealing - it really doesn't make that much difference. Plus you have no way of knowing if that actually improves the number of "hops" and you have no way of knowing if any of the relays are inherently slow.

Taking 400kb off the fat page by optimizing the images isn't a minor thing at all - it usually improves all the other problems as well. It is a basic MUST of page optimization. It's the FIRST thing anyone who wants to optimize their site, needs to do.

2 MB of data isn't going to load and render fast. Fat sites are slow sites. He needs to SLIM IT DOWN first, then see what his situation is.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me to Analyse the Performance and get to the Root cause - Anton Chigurh - 05-08-2014 02:31 AM