Current time: 12-02-2020, 08:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to solve "0 ms (Request Canceled)" problem?
05-06-2010, 10:26 PM
RE: How to solve "0 ms (Request Canceled)" problem?
As long as you (or anyone else using it) understands that the "hidden" locations are still experimental or not yet deployed, feel free to use them: http://www.webpagetest.org/test?hidden=1

Right now the VM's are the only hidden location (last location - Dulles) and they allow for full customizing of the bandwidth (as well as the standard pre-defined profiles). I will sometimes hide an existing location if it is not responding until we get it back online and new locations will be hidden while they get installed so there's generally no guarantees there :-)

On the subscription side, my goal has always been to have the site be as close to revenue-neutral as possible. The ads offset the hosting costs and some of the costs for operating the Dulles location and the other locations are being supported by great partners. AOL has essentially been funding the development costs by open sourcing what was an internal tool and allowing me to continue to enhance it (looking to get more corporate branding on the site but historically it wasn't worth the corporate hurdles). At this point I'd like to see it work to help build up the general community around performance and as Google likes to say "Help make the web a faster place".

Really nice work on the optimizations btw - you may have a second calling as a performance geek :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to solve "0 ms (Request Canceled)" problem? - pmeenan - 05-06-2010 10:26 PM