Current time: 03-01-2021, 05:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All A ratings but loadtime is 3-4 seconds
09-28-2015, 02:30 AM
RE: All A ratings but loadtime is 3-4 seconds
Thanks for explaining your thoughts on the matter, grupo!

Your custom blog solution looks interesting. Smile

In fact I would code my own "Blog" if it was necessary, too. However, most of the times, my customers request a ton of different functionalities, where it is out of the scope of a simple blogging platform. At this point WordPress comes in really handy, because it is versatile and as you said scalable.
It is first and foremost a very easy to cope with CMS solution for non-techie people - which is the majority of my clients Big Grin

I decided to use a premade WordPress Theme for my own website, because I am planning to extend the current simple Blog to a shopping platform for virtual items like plugins customized for the german WordPress needs...
WordPress allows me to implement a shop and any kind of functionality without any big hassle. And at the same time it is totally versatile.
And secondly I decided to use a premade Theme with WP, because I simply liked the design Big Grin

And yes you are right, one does not HAVE to fix all those issues that Webpage Speed Tests wanker about. Especially not if you have implemented certain solutions to improve user experiences on your site.
It just "feels" better if Google Insights likes my site somehow... lol.
https://developers.google.com/speed/page...tab=mobile

I thank you very much for the time you took to write your answer! And I am glad, that the majority of my clients and page visitors is past using IE6, 7 and 8 Big Grin Thus I dont even support those old Browsers anymore.. It is also a security risk using them! People should be encouraged to update their software... really it irresponsible to use such old ms windows stuff. XD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: All A ratings but loadtime is 3-4 seconds - chickscoding - 09-28-2015 02:30 AM